26/04/2004. Contributed by Jessica Martin
Winners of the 2004 Australian Science Fiction Awards, the Ditmar, announced.
The Ditmar Awards recognize excellence by Australians in Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror, and the '04 awards were presented at Conflux, the 43rd Australian National Science Fiction Convention, on Sunday the 25th of April 2004.
1. Professional Categories
- Novel, The Etched City, Kirsten Bishop
- Novella, La Sentinelle, Lucy Sussex
- Short Story, Room for Improvement, Trudi Canavan
- Collected Work. Tie
-- Agog! Terrific Tales, Catriona Sparks
-- Forever Shores, Peter McNamara & Margaret Winch
- Best Artwork, Agog! Terrific Tales, Catriona Sparks
2. Fannish Categories
- Fan Writer, Bruce Gillespie
- Fan Artist, Les Petersen
- Fan Production, Elsewhere Launch, CSFG
- Fanzine, The Australian SF Bullsheet, Edwina Harvey & Edwin Scribner
3. Special Award Categories
- The William Atheling Jr. Award, Bruce Gillespie
- Best New Talent, Kirsten Bishop
4. Voting Summary
77 valid votes were cast:
- 63 valid votes were cast by email; and
- 14 valid votes were cast by mail.
4 invalid votes were received:
- 3 votes were invalid because they were lodged by email after the voting
- 1 vote was invalid because the voter was not a member of Conflux
5. Additional Information
Additional information about Conflux and the Ditmar Awards is available
from the Conflux website at http://www.conflux.org.au/, by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Ditmar Awards, PO Box 903,
Belconnen ACT 2616.
Add SFcrowsnest.com daily news updates to your own web site or blog - just cut and paste the code below...
Stephen Hunt's novels - USA