08/07/2004. Contributed by Jessica Martin
This year's Southeastern Science Fiction Achievement Award nominees are in.
The online magazine scifidimensions.com has just announced the nominees for the 2004 Southeastern Science Fiction Achievement Award (the SESFA).
Best Novel of 2003
- Hyperthought by M.M. Buckner (Ace Books)
- Omega by Jack McDevitt (Ace Books)
- Pattern Recognition by William S. Gibson (G. P. Putnam's Sons)
- Veniss Underground by Jeff VanderMeer (Prime Books)
Best Short Fiction of 2003
- "Daddy Mention and the Monday Skull" by Andy Duncan (Mojo: Conjure
- "The Door Gunner" by Michael Bishop (The Silver Gryphon, Golden Gryphon Press)
- "The Haw River Trolley" by Andy Duncan (The Silver Gryphon, Golden
- "Threads" by Jessica Reisman (SCIFICTION, 8/23/2003)
Lifetime Achievement in SF/F/H
- Joe Haldeman
- Robert E. Howard
- Murray Leinster
- Manly Wade Wellman
Participants who pay a modest $7.00 membership fee may vote on the Nominees through October 31, 2004. The winners will be announced no later than November 5th, 2004.
The SESFA Award, now in its third year, is designed to honor accomplishment in science fiction, fantasy or horror by individuals born or living in the Southern United States. The SESFA, a fan-based award selected by participants who pay a small membership fee, is administered under the auspices of the online science fiction magazine scifidimensions.
For more details, check out www.sesfa.com
Add SFcrowsnest.com daily news updates to your own web site or blog - just cut and paste the code below...
Stephen Hunt's novels - USA