> Sci-fi news
| Library of scifi news
The Force is strong with Sith
10/05/2005. Contributed by Jessica Martin
Buy Revenge of the Sith in the USA - or Buy Revenge of the Sith in the UK
With less than two weeks to go before the May 19th 2005 opening of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, Fandango, the USA's largest movie ticketing service, reports that Sith is projected to be the top-selling title in the company's five-year history.
The film is well-positioned to dethrone Fandango's current ticketing champ, LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING. Other recent news includes:
- SITH has seen a 75% week-over-week increase in ticket sales on Fandango.
- SITH has accounted for 79% of Fandango's weekly ticket sales.
- 80% of film fans responding to a Fandango poll said they plan to see SITH during its opening weekend (May 19-22).
- It's the most anticipated film of the summer, according to 70% of film fans responding to an online poll at Fandango.com.
- SITH is Fandango's fastest-selling movie to date (at this point in a film's sales cycle - nearly two weeks before opening weekend).
- Moviegoer anticipation is so high that the company is already selling advance SITH tickets online for a theater that hasn't even opened yet.
"The force is strong with this one," says Fandango President and CEO Art Levitt. "The final installment of the STAR WARS saga is clearly attracting not only the long-time fans, but also mainstream ticket-buyers throughout the country. Based on our advance sales, SITH will likely enjoy one of the largest opening weekends in box office history."
Magazine > Scifi news
Just in | Library of sci-fi news
Add SFcrowsnest.com daily news updates to your own web site or blog - just cut and paste the code below...