26/05/2007. Contributed by Jessica Martin
TV superhero series comes to DVD for those that haven't seen it on cable. It's a seven-disc set featuring the 73-minute premiere episode. Available on DVD and HD DVD August 28th, 2007 from Universal.
"'Heroes' is one of those rare television series with such broad popular and critical appeal that it has become an instant cultural phenomenon," said Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment to SFcrowsnest. "With the extraordinary array of compelling bonus content offered on both the DVD and HD DVD respectively, this title, which has already generated tremendous anticipation among consumers, is well poised to be one of the greatest, must-have DVDs of the year."
Mohinder Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy), a genetics professor from Chennai, picks up his late father's research and makes an astonishing discovery - a seemingly random group of people around the world are developing astonishing super powers.
From a drug-addicted artist (Santiago Cabrera), who paints the future and an ambitious politician (Adrian Pasdar) who can fly, to a New York cop who hears other people's thoughts (Greg Grunberg) and a Japanese computer programmer (Masi Oka) who can distort the space time continuum, these new Heroes seem to have a shared destiny.
Creator Tim Kring ("Crossing Jordan") fashions a complex world full of hidden clues, plot twists and suspense-filled conundrums for a story about average people who are confronting the existence of inexplicable super powers.
Also starring Milo Ventimiglia, Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter, Noah Gray-Cabey, Leonard Roberts, Tawny Cypress and Jack Colman, "Heroes: Season 1" is packed with special bonuses that take viewers deeper into the series.
The seven-disc DVD set has 50 deleted scenes plus the 73-minute Tim Kring cut of the original series premiere that has never aired on television and much more. The seven-disc DVD version is priced at $59.98.
"Heroes: Season 1" reveals some of the show's hidden secrets with interviews, mini documentaries and extensive profiles, including:
* Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary - A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.
* The Making of "Heroes" - From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television
* Special Effects - The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give the Heroes their amazing powers.
* The Stunts - A back stage look at the show's hair-raising stunts.
* Mind Reader - Matt Parkman's mind reading abilities reveal your inner Hero with a series of simple tests.
* Profile of Artist Tim Sale - A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.
* The Score - Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman (of Prince's The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning musical score.
* 50 Deleted and Extended Scenes
Add SFcrowsnest.com daily news updates to your own web site or blog - just cut and paste the code below...
Stephen Hunt's novels - USA